Wednesday, December 16, 2009

D’s Salve a la Reina en Mexico

Lots of blogging material has been accumulating in the wonderful vacation we are taking in Mexico with family.

Just a quick post about a great concert I was invited to by my sister and brother in law joined by my brother and sister in law, instead of going out for tacos on Saturday night (in the end we also went for tacos after the concert – by the way the food I have been eating for the last week is a topic for a whole new post)

As you have already noted if you have followed my blog one of my passions is music, specifically rock music, as evident on many blog posts such as Happy Thanksgiving – Thanking Freddie, George and John for their music.

As it’s already a tradition and given the importance that rock/music concerts play in my life I’d like to write about this unique concert and experience we had last Saturday night here in Mexico. For other major concert experiences in Israel I recommend to read my posts about:

The historical Paul McCartney in Tel-Aviv concert

The Woodstock Revival in Jerusalem

A Night at the Party – Mashina Unplugged !

I’m looking forward to A couple of good things coming up in 5770

This concert was by a group called D’s Salve a la Reina (G’d save the Queen) and it’s a Queen tribute band from Argentina. If I was a little more ignorant about Queen (which I’m not) I would have thought it was the real thing. Take a look at some of the pictures I was able to take (sorry about the quality).

IMG00021-20091212-2316 IMG00014-20091212-2313 IMG00015-20091212-2313 IMG00016-20091212-2313 IMG00019-20091212-2315

This guy had the voice (not quite Freddie but not that far), the looks and the moves and a very good band backing him up also with sort of the moves and looks, but hey Queen was always about Freddie.

Below is one of the many videos I found on YouTube for this band, see it for yourself, if you are not a Queen connoisseur you could not tell the difference.

Thanks to my siblings for this magic night, we had a great time! It was also great closing it up with a good round of Tacos with Tehina which is possible only in Mexico.

Stay tuned for many more post to come about Mexico City in the eyes of an Israeli from Mexico.

Chanukah Sameach to all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails